Thirteen outstanding women leaders from around the globe will be recognized for groundbreaking achievements that narrow the gender gap in STEM.
The 4th Annual Global Women in STEM Conference (WiSTEM) announces the winners of its 2017 Awards for Exemplary Women. These awards identify and applaud women executives in various streams of STEM (Science, Technology Engineering and Math) business and vocation, who have excelled in their spheres through sheer hard work, grit and determination. The awards ceremony will take place September 11, 2017 at the Marriott Marquis in San Francisco as part of this year’s WiSTEM Conference.
Meera Kaul, Founder of the MKF and Director of WiSTEM states, “These awards celebrate the journey of amazing and resilient women; their struggles and their wins amidst home and work-life balance, social pressures, gender stigmas, and corporate glass ceilings.”
The Awards Guest of Honor is the Honorable Patrick J. Murphy, the 32nd Under Secretary of the Army until January 2017. Secretary Murphy is currently the Distinguished Chair of Innovation at the United States Military Academy at West Point.
Award honorees include:
Ann Winblad, Co-Founder and Managing Director of Hummer Winblad Venture Partners, has fearlessly created a space for other women to follow after her and lead in. She will be recognized as “Phenomenal Trail Blazer of Our Times.”
Laurie Yoler, Founding Board Member of Tesla and Board Member of Zoox, has climbed the corporate ladder despite all odds, been at the heart of trailblazing innovations and inspired generations to be the best versions of themselves. She will be named “Pioneering Leader of our Times.”
Dru Ramey, Chair of the Board at Equal Rights Advocates, has been at the forefront of creating a safe environment for women by fighting oppression and executing many legislations supporting human rights. She will be named “Extraordinary Human Rights Evangelist of our Times.”
Tory Burch, CEO and Chief Creative Officer at Tory Burch and Tory Burch Foundation, will be recognized as the “Most Effective Leader of our Times” for her engagement to give back and invest in hundreds of women entrepreneurs around the world.
Dr. Anarkali Honaryar, member of the Senate, Afghanistan, will be honored as “Outstanding Person in Governance of our Times” for extraordinary bravery and courage exhibited as a politician in Afghanistan.
Other award winners to be recognized include:
- Julie Clugage, Executive Director at Team4Tech, “Best Entrepreneur in STEM”
- Robyn Gray, Chief Designer at Otherworld Interactive, “Software Developer of the Year”
- Renee La Londe, Founder and CEO at iTalent, “Most Inspiring Executive In STEM”
- Alaina Percival, CEO/Board Chair at Women Who Code, “Leading Executive in Tech”
- Leedjia Svec, Director/Scientist at NASA & Navy “STEM Influencer of the Year”
- Charity Wanjiku, COO at Strauss Energy, “Exemplary Leader in a Management Position”
- Nancy Wang and Deepika Yerragunta, California Technology Ventures; “Mentor of the Year”
For more information on WiSTEM 2017 conference and awards tickets visit womeninstemconference.com
Latest posts by NSF Staff (see all)
- Nayah Sci Fi at Silicon Valley Comic Con 2018 - April 8, 2018
- Brain Science Innovator Interprets the Psychology and Brain Biology of “Whatever” - October 16, 2017
- The Academy School in Berkeley Brings Scientific Innovation to a Classical Education - September 24, 2017